In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Community Information Group in conjunction with Exmouth Info. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of products listed is provided subject to the following terms and conditions. The information is intended for all users of the Exmouth Info Website.
In these terms and conditions, Business User refers to any service that charges a fee, that is not registered as a Not For Profit Organisation.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
2. You agree to ensure that your registration details are true and accurate at all times and you undertake to update your registration details from time to time when they change.
3. On registration, we provide you with a password. On registration you agree to pay for our services as set out on our website.
4. We reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time if you breach these terms and conditions.
5. Our services are intended to be used by members within Australia only.
Our Website Rules and Services
6. Our services are provided to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age.
7. All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST unless stated otherwise.
8. At no time are you to use any profanity or personal opinions anywhere on the site.
9. Any listings in the Notice board sections must be present in Exmouth or Coral Bay at the time of the listing being posted, and remain in town until removed from the site.
10. No private users can post business related items unless registered as a business. They cannot post on a business’s behalf at any time. Private users can only re-submit the same ad twice a week.
11. All business wishing to use the site, this includes trying to sell their Business, must take out a business directory option. Any listing relating to your business must be listed using your business email address only. If you are a business and wish to list personal items create a private user account. This must be a different email address. Businesses can only re-submit once in a 24 hour period.
12. If you are a Business and wish to post a Notice on the Exmouth Info Notice Board, but don’t wish to be in the directory, register as a business and don’t tick the ‘List me in the directory option’. You can return at any time to purchase a directory listing. You must still meet the Business Directory Eligibility to be able to post business ads. If you are unsure Contact Us.
See Fees and Charges to be in the business directory
13. If you have multiple businesses operating under the same business registration, you can list all your business info on the same business directory. If you wish to have individual business directory listings, then you will have to create and purchase another business directory listing for each business you would like listed separately.
14. All FREE Ads with the Directory, or purchased in packets after you have taken a directory out, expire after a period of 1 year from the purchase date. Each year with renewal you get another 25 ads for FREE.
15. Any user that does not adhere to the Terms and Conditions may have their items or business listings removed from the site permanently. No refunds will be given at any time. We also hold the right to remove your user account.
If you are unsure Contact Us.
Post in the Events Calendar
16. If you are a business and wish to list an Event or Activity in the Event Calendar, i.e. bands, gym programs and yoga classes, you must have a Business Directory Option on the Exmouth Info website. The Event calendar is exactly that, events must be posted on the date that they are going to be on. Not used to advertise before an event or list opening hours. If you wish to advertise before the event date then post on the Notice Board.
All community and private users Events and Activities which are non Business related are FREE. i.e. yacht clubs, football and cricket fixtures.
All Event Listings are approved by Exmouth Info administrators.
Business Directory Eligibility
17. (a).To be eligible to be a business user and in the business directory on Exmouth Info, including posting Business related ads. The business must occupy and operate out of a dwelling in Exmouth or Coral Bay for 50% of every year. (This does not mean own a registered mail box in town). Or your business must offer a service that is not already provided in town by an existing business and not listed on our website. If you are outside the Ningaloo area Contact Us to get your details entered if you meet this criteria. You can choose up to 5 categories to go in. This includes Local Info, if your business is suited to one of these categories. Exmouth Info administrators have the right to change the categories selected if they believe the user is not suited to the category. Contact us at Contact Us for more details.
(b). If your business is outside the area and we approve your business to go into the directory, you will be able to continue listing in the directory unless or until a business of the same dynamic moves into town. If this is to happen, your listing will be valid until it expires. (This includes advertising on the site).
Community Directory Eligibility
18. Any Not For Profit Group or Organisations, All Education ,Government Health Services and Sporting and Recreational Groups are all included in this category. You can list under 1 category. Its ALL FREE
All Directory Listings are self managed by the email address owner. You can update them as much as you like in your account under Edit Directory.
Edit, Re-submit and Sold
19. Edit, Re-submit and Sold are located in My Account, if you have placed an ad or an event.
EDIT – This option gives you the option to edit your classified, once edited it will slot back in the same posted time and date.
RE-SUBMIT – This option will allow you to re-post your ad with ease. Private users can re-submit an ad twice a week, Business Users can re-submit every 24 hours. Businesses, each re-submission will count as one of your ads used.
SOLD – If you select this option a Sold sign will appear over your listing. This will remain until your listing has completed its 2 week cycle from the date you entered the listing.
Post To Facebook Option
20. Sick of opinionated administrators? This is a new feature to the site. If you tick this box it will post to our Facebook Group (Exmouth Info Notice Board). The listing will only show the short text that you have entered and your feature image. The page does not allow any other users to post on the wall except from this site. Users are allowed to post comments. We ask that all comments are to be about the item listed. No negative comments or personal attacks on any user, business or community group are permitted at any time. If you don’t follow these terms and conditions, it will result in you being band from the group and your user access on the Exmouth Info Website removed. You do not need a Facebook account to use this option, however to view the page you will need to create an account. This is only an option, you do not have to use the Facebook option. Community Information Group and Exmouth Info takes no responsibility for any negative comments posted on the Facebook site. If there are comments which you would like removed Contact Us.
Our Facebook Group Description
How do I turn my push notifications on?
Site and Newsletter Access
21. When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
22. You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
23. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
24. The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
25.This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
26. Linking our website without permission is not permitted. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of such linking.
Content you provide
27. You are responsible for all and any Content you contribute to the Service. When you provide Content you retain ownership of the intellectual property in that information however you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence (with the right to sublicense) to use (including copy, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, broadcast, transmit, display and distribute) the Content in any and all media including forms not yet developed. This licence ends when you cease your membership except for Content which has already been released as part of the Service.
28. We reserve the right but will not have an obligation to remove or refuse to distribute any Content. We also reserve the right to adapt or modify your Content for any reason including for distribution purposes.
29. By posting Content on this website, you provide us with an undertaking that such Content does not infringe the rights of someone else and that it does not violate the law in any other way such as by being defamatory, being of racist content or is threatening.
30. As a member, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any liability, claim, action, demand, loss, costs including legal costs on a full indemnity basis and expenses arising out of or in connection with any Content you provide.
31. To the extent permitted by law, you release and discharge us from any liability or claim arising out of any loss or damage that may be suffered or incurred as a result of your use of our Service.
Intellectual Property Rights
32. The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
33. All trade marks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
34. Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (called “Comments”) which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments.
35. If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
36. You expressly acknowledge that We do not take part in any transaction between users of this site and We cannot be held responsible for any action or non-action of a user of this Website.
37. Whilst we take all due care in providing our services, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
38. To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
39. We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
40. From time to time we may host third party content on our website such as advertisements and endorsements belonging to other traders. Responsibility for the content of such material rests with the owners of that material and we are not responsible for any errors or omissions in such material.
Limitation of Liability
41. To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the services again or payment of the costs of having those services supplied again.
42. We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from services we have supplied.
43. We do not accept liability for anything contained in the post of a user or in any form of communication which originates with a user and not with Us.
44. We do not participate in any way in the transactions between our users.
45. By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
46. These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of WA and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in WA and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
47. If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
48. We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.